Here are 5 key reasons not to skip breakfast:
1. It kick starts our metabolism – speeding it up, and therefore burning calories rather than storing them.
2. It boosts our nutrient intake – breakfast eaters have a lower fat intake, a higher fiber intake, and significantly higher intakes of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, iron and magnesium.
3. It helps prevent binge eating – hunger will be better regulated and therefore less calories are consumed from unhealthy foods.
4. It improves our memory and concentration – people who eat a healthy breakfast concentrate better, are more efficient, and have improved mood, in comparison to those who skip breakfast.
5. Weight maintenance – those who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight.
If you don’t eat breakfast every day, why not make it a new goal?